Saturday, November 8, 2008

Update on Christmas for Nina's Family



This is a picture of Nina's family, Family #9, we received shortly after we became her sponsor. As you can see, at least one child was cut out of the picture. Children are moved to a family by age. Therefore, family members change frequently. At this time there are 17 children in Family #9. It really bothers me that each family is a "number." I wish the orphanage's practice was to name each family something nice and warm. But that will never happen. We are buying two extra gifts in case children have been added to the family: one for a boy and one for a girl.

I want to update all of you on the amount of money donated so far to provide Christmas gifts for each child in Nina's family. We have a total of $895 to date. Ginny, Ken and I have already purchased hoodies and sweaters for all the children. We still need nine shirts. We would like to buy a small toy for each child. These children only have candy when their sponsors send it to them, so we want to buy some chocolate and candy canes. We have to see how far the money goes, as shipping costs will be in the hundred's.

I can not begin to tell you how proud I am of our family and Ken's. One of my dearest friends, who is much more like a sister to me, and her three children made a very large donation. I can not thank them enough.

I am hoping The Antares Foundation (the not-for-profit organization we work through) will be provided with pictures of the children with their gifts. I would love to share them with all of you.

There is still time to make donations. The additional money received will be used toward the cost of shipping. Again, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
The Hines Family

No comments: